Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hobgoblins


From across the endless plains come the Hobgoblin Hordes.
Another stand for our Campaign for the Kingdom. You may notice something peculiar about these guys. Though they may be GW minis, my heart is always been in the original Monster Manual. According to it, Hobgoblin range in skin color from sickly yellow, thru orange to dark gray. But they always have bright blue noses! These boys give me a Scythian vibe. Raiding caravans and stealing the valuable cloth for their unwashed bodies.
Always loved the old GW sculpts (and I have a ton) and always hated hordes of gobbos with all the same skin color. Nothing worse than a beautifully painted unit of orcs all in that nasty bright green!

4 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

They look great, especially with there blue noses!

Scottswargaming said...

Very nice job, I wonder where the idea of them having blue noses came from? I assume the entry in MM would have be inspired by some mythology/folklore?

Fitz-Badger said...

nice work on the paint job and base!
According to Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable:
"Blue-noses - Nova Scotians. "Pray Sir," said one of my fellow-passengers, "can you tell me the reason why the Nova Scotians are called Blue-noses?"
"It is the name of a potato," said I, "which they produce in the greatest perfection, and boast to be the best in the world. The Americans have, in consequence, given them the nickname of Blue Noses." Haliburton, Sam Slick

oldschool said...

Lovely painting, a top quality job all round.
I asked a while back about the colours you use on the bases, and you kindly offered to get back on it, but it must have slipped your mind.
May I ask again?
Pat